This website is operated by E J Bowman (Birmingham) Limited (“Bowman”, “us”, “we”, “our”). We are a controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Personal information which we collect
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- make or manage an enquiry through our website;
- contact us or speak to one of our representatives via any forms on our website, by telephone, email or any other method;
- post material to our website and / or social media page;
- Set up an account or place orders for our products;
- use our website and customer applications in any other way.
The personal information collected in the above manner may include the following about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you):
- contact information including name, phone number, address and email address;
- payment details;
- machine identifiers (such as IP addresses);
- third party service identities (such as a Skype address);
- communications history (such as email communications);
How we use your information
In order to take the necessary steps in preparation of, or to fulfill our obligations an order or enquiry:
- Products: provide communications about our products being provided to you (and others if their personal information is provided by you);
- Billing: to send you invoices and related communications regarding accounting matters for the services we provide to you;
- Customer service communications: provide you with requested information or correspondence, in response from us to an enquiry made by you;
- Update our records: to ensure that the data we store about you is still valid and up to date.
With your consent:
- Marketing communications: create a profile about you for marketing purposes to tailor our communications to you;
- Maintain records indicating your consent to status: to ensure we accurately reflect your wishes when communicating to you.
- Market research: to contact you to ask about the experience using our products as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement;
- Product and service improvement: to improve our product and services;
- Taxation: to ensure we meet our tax and other regulatory obligations.
Sharing your information
We will never share your personal information to any third parties except where it is necessary for us to provide our products to and on behalf of you.
In the event Bowman or any of its affiliated companies is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Bowman about its clients will be transferred as part of the assets of the firm.
We may periodically send marketing material to you about our products and services or other information which we think you may find interesting based on the profile we have created about you to the email addresses and phone numbers which you have provided.
We will only send you marketing material if we have your prior consent or if you are currently a customer of Bowman. We gain your consent by asking for your positive confirmation (example: by providing a tick or inserting your contact details in the relevant input fields on a form on our website).
You can opt out at any time from our marketing materials.
We may contact you by email, telephone, text, social media and / or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Securing your information
Bowman has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access your information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security measures in place.
- The right of access: you can contact us to request details about the information we hold about you, why we have it, who has access to it and where we got the information.
- The right to rectification: If any data we hold about you is out of date or incorrect, let us know and we will update it
- The right to erasure: you have a right to request we delete any data we hold about you. When you request that we delete your data we will contact you to confirm that it has been deleted or advising of any legal reason we cannot delete your data.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Bowman stops processing your data. When you request this, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. When you request this, we will make reasonable attempts to do so.
- The right to object: you have the right to object to the storage and usage of your data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right to request that we stop profiling you in relation to our direct marketing practice. You can inform us and we will deal with your request accordingly.
We will respond to all requests as soon as is feasible, without undue delay and within 30 days from receiving your request.
Links to other websites
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.
If you have any further questions or would like information regarding the data we hold about you, you can contact us or email [email protected]
Issued – 10 September 2019